DownStream provides three free data viewers to the PCB industry. We develop and supply these viewers to streamline the communication between our users and their vendors, suppliers and coworkers. DownStream viewers include:
Free Viewer for the PCB Release Package
DownStream offers its BluePrint Viewer to enable easy sharing, distribution, and storage of PCB Release Package details. This one electronic file (Release Package) can contain your BluePrint documents, Gerber, NC Drill/Mill, Panel Arrays, ODB++, PDF, DXF, PCB CAD, MS Office and virtually any file located on your computer and/or network. BluePrint Viewer is a standalone application for viewing the Release Package.
The BluePrint viewer supports all hyperlinking functions created by BluePrint that link details to notes and callouts as well as URLs, email addresses, audio, video and electronic files. In addition, BluePrint Viewer can view and query the native, original CAD data imported into BluePrint to create the documents. The viewer also contains a new searching function that scans all documents and the design to show all instances and location of specific components, details, or text strings, far surpassing the capabilities traditional found in PDF exports.
This Viewer is ideal for anyone needing to view a BluePrint-PCB document package.
Free Viewer for CAM350 Database
To streamline communication between you, your coworkers, vendors, and suppliers, we have created CAMvu. CAMvu can view any CAM350 database.
CAMvu can view, query, and plot files saved in the CAM350 format (.CAM). It but cannot edit, save, or export the data. CAMvu allows the designer, CAM engineer, and others to communicate more effectively during the manufacturing process. No more passing around photoplots or multiple “unintelligent” Gerber files! Just use CAM350 to save a .PCB or .CAM file, then give your colleagues a single, intelligent design file with the CAMvu program.
*CAMvu is not a Gerber viewer. DownStream offers a stripped down version of CAM350 for Gerber viewing purposes only. It is available for a fee, contact sales (email@example.com) if you are interested.
Free Viewer for IPC-2581
In support of our membership in the IPC-2581 Consortium and the advancement of the IPC-2581 File Format specification, DownStream created a new IPC File Viewer product. Vu2581 is an unlicensed freeware application designed for viewing IPC-2581 data files. Vu2581 will read any IPC-2581 File and offers more functionality than the traditional viewer application.
Unique features include the ability to measure distances between objects, set colors and visibility for nets, pads, layers and so on. Set highlight colors for one or more components. Display Drills by size, layer depth, or technology. Vu2581 will has its own, unique installation and can be installed alongside our existing products without conflict – Retrieve Vu2581.
Load IPC-2581 Format Files
- Vu2581 performs XML file checking and parsing against IPC-2581 standard schema definition
- Support for spec Version 1.0 with Amendment 1 – 2007
- Support for spec Version 1.0 with Revision A proposed updated – 2012
- Support for Zuken CR5000® and Allegro® IPC-2581 outputs
- Net visibility and color highlighting
- Component visibility and color highlighting
- Part Decal visibility and color highlighting
- Layer visibility and color setting
- Data type visibility and color setting by layer
- Drill visibility and color setting by size, layer and plated
- Search for Component, Decals, Nets by name
- Search for Drills by size
- Cross probing using list of all found items
- Auto-jump to actual found or selected items
- Displays value of measure distance at cursor
- Snapping to CAD objects
Multiple File View
- View multiple IPC-2581 files simultaneously